Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Raw Foods - Taking the Plunge

O.K. - I'm doing it!

I'm taking the raw food plunge! In three weeks I will be interviewing David Wolfe as part of my Wisdom of Wellness teleseries. So, in the spirit of true investigative reporting (I always wanted to be a reporter), I have decided to take on David's advice and Go Raw!

I want you to know where I am coming from - I am a mother of two young children, 8 and 6 yrs. old and the creator of Super Nutrient Gal. SNG was borne out of a passion for food, nutrition, and the desire to guide other woman to live healthier, more vibrant authentic lives with ease and grace. Because of this I am often reading about and/or testing the latest in cleanses, supplements and food programs. However, I have yet to take on something so seemingly radical as raw food. I say seemingly because the more I understand the less radical it seems - particularly in light of what passes for food in our local supermarkets.

Now, raw food may be the LAST thing you would ever contemplate for your eating plan. And that is fine. It is not my intention to promote one way of eating over another. Rather it is my intention to see for myself what this is like, in order to walk my talk with honesty and experience. My goal is, ultimately, to support you wherever you are at in living your healthiest and happiest life or as David says, having "the best day ever."

I started today with a shake that I am still nursing. It is filled with nutrients and so filling that I am still drinking it two and a half hours later. I won't show you a picture of the smoothie because of the various responses I have received from people who see it up close but you can go to the blog post, "day one" and get my smoothie recipe.

Now, I am off to work to prepare for this most exciting series beginning in just a little over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment