Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Three: Super Green Smoothie

So I decided to go for it. But I realized in hindsight that although it is not a small step, it isn't really as big as I'd made it out to sound. For years I have been modifying my diet, slowly cutting back on foods that don't benefit me and adding more of those that do. Nonetheless, it is still a step. And today's journey began with a super green smoothie. I took a picture of all the ingredients that went in to the smoothie so you could see exactly how I began the day. I have posted the recipe below (I left the bee pollen out of the picture - by accident).


I recently bought one of those super dooper VitaMix blenders that can do just about anything but mow the lawn. It is in this blender that I make my morning smoothie. If you don't have a strong blender then you may want to cut up some of these ingredients into fine pieces so that they can blend well. If you do have one of these mixers, well then... have a blast.

Here's the recipe:

1 T. Maca powder
1 T. Hemp protein
1 T. ground flax seed
1 T. Cacao nibs
1 T. Raw Cacao powder
1 T. Inca berries
2 T. Goji berries
1 t. bee pollen
1/4 tsp. blue green algae
1/4 tsp. cordyceps mushrooms
1 T. coconut butter
1 banana
1 cup mixed berries
2 dates
1 small beet
1 small zucchini
3 kale leaves (without the stem)
1 chard leaf
1 small piece ginger
2 cups water

Throw it all in the blender and blend till smooth. You may need to add more water to thin it out.
Yumm!

As the days go on I will go into more detail about the ingredients so you can understand why I am throwing all these crazy ingredients into one drink. For now you can go to: www.elementsforlife if you want to learn about the dry ingredients.

In all honesty I felt great for much of the day but started to crash around dinner time. I don't know why that is but at this very moment I am definitely feeling tired and a little down. Granted my mother-in-law is visiting for the week, but apart from the fact that her hearing is going (so you have to yell everything), she is really a lovely woman. Don't think that would explain the mood swing.

As I'm tired I am going to leave things for now and fill you in more in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment