Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day One: New Super Food Diet


The unexpected has arrived.

For years I have heard about, read about, listened to and watched the latest news on raw foods. Sure, it sounded like a good idea... for someone else. I love cooked food. I like meat. I adore bread. And until a few years ago dairy formed the bricks of my food pyramid. But, as Super Nutrient Gal and a leader in Integral Nourishment, I am always willing to try something new.

As I have gotten older, 38 years old in a few days, I have noticed my body responding differently to food. Too much meat leaves me feeling heavy. Gluten dims my sense of smell. Sugar wears me out and lowers my mood. I just cannot eat anything I want as much as I want. I don't think I ever could only now I no longer ignore the consequences. So when I first began learning about super foods I was intrigued.

Broccoli, onions, and kale. I knew those super foods. But here was a whole new list - maca, blue green algae, cacao, hemp and bee pollen to name a few. Foods that I'd laughed at before. Hippie food. New Age Nibbles. Not for me. Not that I'm not somewhat of a hippie but that's for another time. I preferred mainstream alternative - what the doctors with the latest research were reporting not the "health nuts" with the ponytails and the dangling crystals. But I couldn't ignore the facts.

People with heart, people with kindness, people with knowledge were reporting on the amazing effects of superfoods. And quite frankly, I wasn't getting the results I had hoped for with mainstream meals. Not for myself or my clients. Sure, they were happy but I knew there was more to be had - more possibility, more energy, more health. So I began my journey into the world of super foods.

And in all transparency I want to share that journey with you. I want to let you know what I am eating, how I feel, what I notice, what is hard, where I resist, what I embrace, and what I learn. In return, I would love to hear from you about your own journey into this world, your questions, your comments and anything else you would like to share.

I'm off to the farm to get my CSA (community supported agriculture) share with its abundance of veggies. Looking forward to incorporating them into my new lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment