Saturday, July 18, 2009

Longevity Now

I think I'll keep it short today. I have a whole slew of in-laws visiting. I'm realizing it takes more than super foods to keep me going with a full house of relatives.

So far it has been really easy to eat well (apart from the bite of hamburger, one of my children's "chicken" nuggets, and a few pieces of challah - essentially a fancy Jewish name for white bread with eggs). I have never experienced having so few cravings, ever. And believe me, I have tried just about everything. Sugar in the form of breads, pastas, cereals, cakes and cookies, has been like a dysfunctional lover I just can't seem to shake. But now... it's a whole different story. Now the challenge is what to do with the emotions that I no longer stuff with sweets. It's not that I wouldn't prefer to stuff the emotions at times, but the sweets don't appeal to me at all. The other day I found myself wishing I craved sugar just to have something to ease the loneliness I was experiencing. Amazingly enough I couldn't even bring myself to indulge for the sake of escape. The sugar held no allure whatsoever.

I can only attribute the lack of desire to the foods I am eating. As I eat more raw foods, I absorb more minerals and activate more enzymes. Instead of empty nutrients, my body is full and totally satisfied. As a matter of fact I drank a smoothie today (it made a whole quart), had a salad for a late lunch and now, two hours later, am still full. My appetite continues to decrease as my body gets everything it needs with very little effort.

In a few days I am going to embark on a new program, LongevityNOW by David Wolfe. You will hear me mention herbs, superfoods, supplements, all sorts of things I am only now learning about. I want to take you on this journey with me because my hunch is that it will be one of the most physically (and by extension emotionally) transformative adventures I have ever taken. I will be detoxing with different herbs, eating lots of healthy veggies, fruits and other foods, and doing whatever else David recommends.

Now David also takes the go it slow approach but once again, I am going to jump into this full force, if only to have something interesting to report to you. I would love to start tomorrow, being as it is my birthday and all, but I am still waiting on a few key herbs. I'll let you know what they are and I'll definitely let you know when I start.

Wow, even with a house full of in-laws I managed to go on for a bit. Well, read what you want. I'm gonna take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment