Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Raw food dietary difficulties

This is the challenge I have when I decide to go whole hog - cravings. Cravings of the mind.

I'm not hungry nor am I emotionally imbalanced at the moment but I do have a mind. And whenever I tell myself O.K. no more, as in, "I am going to be completely raw for the next three weeks," then within 24-48 hours my mind begins it's plaintive wail. "Awwww....come on, how about one piece of bread? Just a few crackers with hummus? That hamburger your husband made for your kids sure looks good, why not a bite or two?" This is exactly why I never recommend a diet of deprivation to my clients. Because if you are like me, then this line of thinking can lead to your downfall. (BTW, I did end up having a bite of the burger. Well, nobody's perfect! What's perfect anyway? That's another whole subject that I am more than happy to address at a later time).

So that is where I am at the moment. I drank a delicious smoothie, had leftovers from last night's portabello mushroom dish and a wonderful salad for dinner but still... What should I do? What any raw foodist would do... Whip up a batch of raw, vegan vanilla pecan ice cream.

I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. I figured out the secret ingredient to raw food eating on the run, i.e. a smoothie in the car, at the office, wherever - Dental Floss! All sorts of bits of food get in your teeth with smoothies and believe me when I tell you, it is not a pretty sight. So make sure to carry one of those little dental floss packets with you if you are eating on the go and all should be fine. At least with your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment