Friday, August 7, 2009

Pizza again!

Oh boy. Well... I learned yet another very important lesson on this raw food journey. My cravings for so many of the foods I used to yearn for are gone and yet, today, I just wanted something different. I didn't want any more veggies, I didn't want nuts or any kind of nut pate, or even the very tasty raw "peppermint patty" I made yesterday (more on that in the next post). I wanted something different - anything different.

So, we ordered a pizza. Now, it has only been two and a half weeks that I have been eating raw. Of that time I would say I have eaten 100% on at least half of the days and between 80-90% the rest of that time. A lot of raw food and yet, only two and a half weeks. I didn't think a pizza would be such a big deal. I saw it as a nice treat.

But it wasn't. As good as it tasted going down, I know feel sick to my stomach three hours later. At first I just felt sluggish, tired. I noticed how different I felt from eating raw food when I feel more alive and awake. Then, after a nice warm bath meant to sooth my weary body, I began feeling worse. And now I just feel sick. Hard to believe after only two and a half weeks I could have such a strong reaction to pizza.

Why am I going into so much detail? Because I promised I'd let you know how this journey went. And as far as I am concerned this is definitely a part of the trip I'd rather not repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment